Friday, May 9, 2014

The glass ceiling, explained

In this world, there are those who know, and those who don't know.

Those who know, know those who know, and they also know those who don't know.

Those who don't know, however, don't know those who know, nor do they know those who don't know.

Those who don't know, think they know what everyone else knows - even those who ACTUALLY know.

Those who know, spend their time doing their damnedest not to be hassled by those who don't know.

Those who don't know, spend their time meeting, and talking about how much they think they know, with the other people who also don't know, but think they know.... And make no mistake, what these people think they know is pretty darned important (to them)

Now we've all heard that WHO you know is more important than WHAT you know, and that is why those who don't know, and who love to "not know" in large social groups (birds of a feather, and all that), all end up being the WHO; while those who actually know, ONLY know what they know because they concentrated on learning (and understanding) what they know; instead of sitting around in groups talking about how cool they are based on what they think they know...

It's simple, right? You work for a WHO... and they are probably a complete moron.

Look, I'll break this down some more, and attempt to remove any potentially personally offensive inferences.

I know what I know, and you know what you know; but what I know, which you don't know, is that I know what I know, and I also know that you don't actually know what you think you know...  :-)

Put another way- you don't know what you don't know, and I know it...  so be nice to me, and I may just be willing to help you keep your secret safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment